Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake
- Category: Desserts
- 2⅔ cups white sugar
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1½ cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- Around 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla (clear)
- Toasted English walnuts to cover the side of the cake.
Mix ingredients together and bake in three prepared cake layer pans on 325 degrees for around 25 minutes or until tested done.
Mix cream cheese and butter together; add powdered sugar gradually until thoroughly mixed. Add vanilla. Spread icing between layers and over outside of cake.
Option: Put walnuts to cover the side of the cake.