Appetizer Artichoke Bread
- Category: Appetizers
- Servings: 12–14 servings
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (6 1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out, leaving 1/2-inch shells. Set shells aside. Place removed bread in a food processor or blender; cover and process until crumbly. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, butter and sesame seeds; spread onto a baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
In a bowl, combine the crumb mixture, cheeses, artichokes, garlic, parsley and lemon-pepper. Spoon into bread shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm.