Crescent Roll Pinwheels
- Catagory: Appetizers
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4-ounce)
- ⅓ cup drained roasted red bell peppers (from a jar), chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 6 slices packaged precooked bacon (from 2.2-ounce package), chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans (8-ounce each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls each)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, roasted peppers, green onions, bacon and oregano leaves until well blended. Add salt and pepper.
Remove dough from 1 can and unroll, but do not separate into triangles. Press perforations to seal, forming 1 large rectangle (or you can use the crescent roll sheets).
Spread half the cream cheese mixture evenly over dough rectangle, leaving ½ inch edge on one short end of rectangle. Starting with other short end, roll up dough into log.
With serrated knife, cut log into 12 slices. Place slices cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet. (Filled dough log may be wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerated 1 hour for easier slicing.)
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with second can of dough and remaining cream cheese mixture. Serve warm.