Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10½ ounce), cut into ½-inch slices
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
Spread baguette slices with butter; top each with a cheese slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3–4 inches from the heat for 3–5 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.