Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 large mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons ground ginger
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, kiwi, nuts, brown sugar, coconut and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
For chips, lightly brush one side of each tortilla with water. Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over the moistened side of tortillas. Cut each into 6 wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5–7 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on wire racks. Serve with salsa.