Potato-Crusted Ham Quiche
- 2 cups of potatoes, raw and shredded
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 cup ham, fully cooked and chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray quiche pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In medium bowl mix potatoes, onion, pepper, chives, 1 beaten egg and salt and pepper to taste. Press potato mixture evenly into crust shape up the side and on the bottom of the pan and spray again. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses. Remove crust from oven and layer the following: ham first, and then cheese mixture on top. In a bowl, beat together evaporated milk, remaining eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour mixture on top of cheese and return to oven.
Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of pie comes out clean. Allow to cool five minutes.