Apple Butter Ice Cream Pie with Warm Cinnamon Apples
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 gallon homemade style vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 Fuji apples (or Pink Lady, or other crisp tart apple), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or pancake syrup)
Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Mix well. Press mixture onto bottom and sides of 10-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
Spoon half the softened ice cream into the cooled crumb crust. Combine apple butter with apple pie spice. Top the ice cream with half the apple butter mixture. Swirl into ice cream with a sharp knife. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Repeat with remaining ice cream and apple butter. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toasted pecans over top. Return to freezer overnight or until firm.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add apples and cinnamon; sauté until apples are almost tender (about 8 min.). Stir in maple syrup and cook until mixture is sticky and apples are tender.
Remove from heat. Set aside.
Cut into wedges. Top with warm apples and serve.