Banana Split Supreme
- Catagory: Desserts
- Servings: 12-15
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed.
- 3–4 medium firm bananas, cut into
- 1/2-inch slices
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
In a saucepan, combine 1⁄2 cup of butter, sugar, milk and chocolate chips. Bring to boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter; toss with cookie crumbs. Press into a greased 13-by-9-by-2 inch pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Arrange banana slices over crust; spread with 1 quart of ice cream. Top with 1 cup of chocolate sauce. Freeze for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining chocolate sauce. Spread the remaining ice cream over dessert; top with pineapple, cherries and pecans. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Reheat the chocolate sauce. Cut dessert into squares; serve with chocolate sauce and whipped topping if desired.