Cream Puff Dessert
- Catagory: Desserts
- Servings: 12
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms.
Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth.Spread into a greased 13-by-9-by-2 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 30–35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mix until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.