Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9-inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
Roll out pastry to fit a 9-inch pie plate; transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to ½-inch beyond the edge of plate, flute edges. Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 13–15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the crust. Bake 15–18 minutes longer or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
Arrange strawberries over filling. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in preserves. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.