Caramel Apple Crisp
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish. Layer with half of the apples and caramels and 1 cup oat mixture; repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup apple cider over top.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15–20 minutes longer or until apples are tender.