Strawberry Graham Dessert
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 1⁄2 hours.
In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
Fold in whipped cream. Spread half over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate remaining cream mixture. Pour gelatin mixture over filling; refrigerate until firm. Top with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired.