Valentine Berries and Cream
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
Line a 9-inch heart shaped or square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
Pour into prepared pan, swirling to coat the bottom and 1 1/2 inch up the sides, refrigerate for 1 minute, then swirl the chocolate to reinforce sides of heart or box. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Using foil, lift from pan; remove foil and place chocolate heart on a serving plate.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture with milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Gently fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into heart.
Insert star tip #32 into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with the remaining whipped cream. Pipe around the edge of heart. Garnish with strawberries.