Fold-Over Tortilla Bake
- Servings: 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (141⁄2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain well. Stir in tomatoes, enchilada sauce, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour half into a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
Stack the tortillas and wrap in foil; warm at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with cream cheese and top with chilies; fold in half.
Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.