Marinated Beef Tenderloin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole beef tenderloin (3 1⁄2 to 4 pounds)
In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add bay leaf and tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140 degrees; medium, 160 degrees; well-done, 170 degrees), basting often with reserved marinade. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.