- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14½ ounces) beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked sausage, halved and cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, broth and tomato paste.
Stir in the green peppers, onion, celery, garlic and seasonings. Stir in chicken and sausage.
Cover and cook on low for 4–6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15–30 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice.