Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.
For glaze, place remaining coffee mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about ½ cup.
If grilling the chops, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4–5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer read 160 degrees. Spoon glaze over chops.