Jif Peanut Butter Club Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (or other brand)
- 6 small leaves (about 1/2 ounce) spinach, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 ounces chilled, skin-on red delicious apple, cored
- 3 ounces thinly sliced white turkey breast deli meat
- 1 ounce (about 5 slices) bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange bacon slices on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle each slice with maple syrup. Using fingers, spread syrup to coat each slice evenly. Bake 15 minutes or until nicely browned and slightly crisp. Remove from oven to cool.
Toast bread slices. Slice chilled apple thinly. Spread each slice of bread evenly with 1 tablespoon peanut butter each, on one slide only. Arrange bread, peanut butter side up, on work surface that is clean. Lay half of the apple slices on one of the slices of white bread. Next is a layer of half of the turkey breast. Arrange half of bacon slices on top of that. Lay three of the spinach leaves last. Place the slice of whole wheat bread, peanut butter side up, on top of everything else. Repeat layering and arrangement of the remaining apple, turkey, bacon and spinach on the slice of white bread. Finally, place last piece of bread peanut butter side down to complete sandwich.
Holding sandwich firmly, trim all edges then cut the sandwich into four small triangles. Push a toothpick into the center of each triangle and place each triangle on its side so sandwich layers are visible, leaving space in the center of the plate. Fill space with washed grapes or chips or favorite snack.