Firefighter’s Chicken Spaghetti
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10¾ ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1½ cups crushed cornflakes
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings. Add the cheeses, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken and spaghetti.
Transfer to a greased 3-quart dish (dish will be full). Combine the cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45–50 minutes or until bubbly.