Savory Mushroom & Herb Pork Roast
- Catagory: Pork
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 12 fresh baby carrots
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- French-fried onions, optional
Place onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cut roast in half; add to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, broth, mushrooms, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, marjoram and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5–6 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Serve pork with gravy. Sprinkle servings with French-fried onions if desired.