- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14½ ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
Place two tortillas in a greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans, then half the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25–30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.