Creamy Potato Salad With Bacon
- 3 pounds small red new potatoes (about 24)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (more if you prefer lots of bacon)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut into quarters.
Meanwhile cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then break into pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and celery and toss to coat. Fold in the parsley, tarragon and bacon before serving. Refrigerate.