Layered Lettuce Salad
- Catagory: Salads
- 1 head of lettuce, broken into small pieces
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) garden peas
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
In a clear bowl or trifle dish, layer first 6 ingredients in order shown.
Combine mayonnaise and sugar and spread evenly over top of salad.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Cover and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours.