Swiss Cheese Potato Pancakes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour; mix well. Stir in potatoes, Swiss cheese, onion, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1⁄4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes on each side.
Drain on paper towels.