Cheesy Zucchini Rice Casserole
- Catagory: Side Dishes
- Servings: 12
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded
- Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, sliced
Cook rice according to package directions. In a saucepan, cook zucchini in 1 inch of water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. Place rice in a greased, shallow 3-quart baking dish. Layer with chilies and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
In a bowl, combine the sour cream, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt and oregano. Spread over cheese. Layer with zucchini and tomato. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.