Pineapple Sweet Potato Boats
- Catagory: Side Dishes
- Servings: 8 servings
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12–14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large mixing bowl, mash the pulp. Add the crushed pineapple, butter, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into sweet potato shells.
Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with pineapple tidbits and brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 30–35 minutes or until heated through.