Warm Asparagus Spinach Salad
- Category: Side Dishes
- Servings: 14-16
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked penne or medium tube pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Place asparagus in a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
For dressing, combine the onions, vinegar and soy sauce in a blender; cover and process. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady steam.
In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.