Zucchini Au Gratin
- Category: Side Dishes
- 2 tablespoons olive or corn oil
- 3–4 tender zucchini washed, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 8 ounces mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Chopped onions, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour oil into 8-inch baking dish and add ⅓ of zucchini, mozzarella cubes, parmesan cheese, salt to taste and parsley. Make layers in this manner until all ingredients are used. Cover with bread crumbs and dot with butter or margarine.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. until golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes.