Santa Fe Chicken Fajita Soup
- Category: Soups
- Servings: 8
- 1 package (1.4 oz.) Fajita seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Fat-free Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 pound (16 oz.) Velveeta made with 2 percent milk, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
Combine seasoning mix and water in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss until evenly coated. Cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Spray large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add garlic and cilantro; cook on medium-high heat 1 minute. Add chicken mixture, onions and bell peppers; mix well. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
Add cream cheese, Velveeta and chicken broth; mix well. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until cream cheese and Velveeta are completely melted and chicken mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.