Fruit Salad Cheesecake
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1½ cups crushed crisp macaroons
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups whipped topping
In a small saucepan, cook pineapple and sugar over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place cold water in a bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir into the warm pineapple mixture. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended. Remove from heat; cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine macaroon crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside. Stir the grapes, oranges, cherries and nuts into cream cheese mixture. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before serving.