- On the way to a Nationals baseball game, we saw on a big wall this dinosaur fighting another creature. —Alex Alvarez, Cape Hatteras Electric
- A picture of Carolina Simpson (Rutherford EMC) at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. —Kate Whichard, Albemarle EMC
- My friends and I were circled under some eagles and above a seal at the World War II Memorial. I am at the bottom. —Elizabeth Nowlin, Jones-Onslow EMC
- I am on the right with my new best friends, Aqueo Lopez Hernandez (Blue Ridge EMC) and Kyle Parks (Tri-County EMC), in front of the Capitol. These guys made my whole trip amazing. —Dillan Phillips, Wake EMC
- I saw this tiny Lincoln Memorial from up in the Washington Monument. —Elizabeth Nowlin, Jones-Onslow EMC
Click on the photo to view slideshow.
In June, 37 high school juniors and seniors sponsored by 20 of North Carolina’s electric cooperatives visited the nation’s capital, accompanied by eight advisors. Besides seeing historic and cultural sites, the group learned about the cooperative business model and met with their representatives in Congress. Here is a selection of their photographs.