Flame-kissed and juicy
Peppercorn-Crusted Strip Steaks (click here for recipe)
Tender, juicy and seasoned just right — there may not be anything more satisfying than a perfectly grilled steak. This easy recipe, cooking chart and grilling tips from the experts at Omaha Steaks will help you put the perfect steak on your plate.
Free steak app
You can get more recipes and also download the free Steak Time app at the company's website, www.omahasteaks.com. The app offers recipes and a grilling timer that allows you to enter names of guests or family members and tells you how long to cook each steak depending on the request (well-done or rare, for example), when to add each's steak to the grill and when to turn it.
Top 5 tips
- Clean and pre-heat grill on high.
- Lightly oil and season everything before you put it on the grill. This helps the searing process and prevents sticking.
- Sear the outside of steaks when grilling, using tongs or a spatula to turn the meat, and cover the grill as much as possible during the grilling process to help lock in the great flavor and to prevent flare-ups.
- Use the 60/40 grilling method. Grill for 60 percent of the time on the first side, then grill 40 percent of the time after you turn over the food. This will give you an evenly cooked steak.
- Place your cooked steak on a clean plate and allow to rest for five minutes before serving to retain moisture and juiciness.