All Hands on Deck!
The Battleship North Carolina is a stimulating place to visit
At the time of her commissioning in 1941, she was considered the world’s greatest sea weapon. Today, moored on the Cape Fear River across from downtown Wilmington, the Battleship North Carolina is an authentically restored memorial and a stimulating place to visit.
Through a self-guided tour, visitors learn about shipboard life and are encouraged to explore nine levels of the massive World War II ship, including berthing areas, the engine room, sick bay and combat information center.
Children love climbing the ladders, trying on helmets, “texting” using flags and playing with “the big guns.”
The ship is open daily, including all holidays. Hours vary by season.
- Adults, age 12 & over, $14
- Seniors, age 65 & over, $10
- Active or retired military, military spouses & dependents, with ID cards, $10
- Children, age 6 through 11, $6, age 5 & under, free
- Friends of the Battleship members, free
To learn more, call 910-399-9100 or visit battleshipnc.com.
Coastal NC Adventures