Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips
- Category: Appetizers
- Servings: 12 servings
- Print Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 large mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons ground ginger
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, kiwi, nuts, brown sugar, coconut and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
For chips, lightly brush one side of each tortilla with water. Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over the moistened side of tortillas. Cut each into 6 wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5–7 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on wire racks.
Serve with salsa.
More Appetizer Recipes
Italian Crab Salad Stuffed PeppersWith basil butter