Holiday Wreath Cheese Spread With sausage bow and crackers
No holiday season is complete until we’ve put out our spreads! This festive wreath features two kinds … with the bonus of being festive on your table, too.
- 2 (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces vegetable cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Duke’s preferred)
- ⅔ cup diced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives, softened
- ½ lb. hot breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled (we used NC’s Bass Farm Hot Sausage)
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cheese for garnish (optional)
Heat spinach in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until dry. Cool.
Using hand mixer, combine remaining wreath ingredients in a medium bowl. Blend in spinach. On a large platter, form a 10-inch ring, leaving space for bow.
For sausage bow, mix together all ingredients except red bell pepper. Form into a bow, add to wreath and garnish with red pepper pieces. Cover and chill about 3–4 hours before serving.
Garnish with cheese cut-outs and serve with crackers.