Jalapeno Chicken Wraps
- Category: Appetizers
- Servings: 2 1/2 dozen
- Print Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded*
- 1 pound sliced bacon, halved widthwise
- Blue cheese salad dressing
Cut chicken into 2-inch by 1½-inch strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt and paprika; add chicken and shake to coat. Place a chicken and onion strip in each jalapeno half. Wrap each with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 18–20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and bacon is crisp, turning once. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
*Note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.