Mom’s Special Occasion Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
- Category: Desserts
- Servings: 16
- 1 package (18 ounces) Nestle Toll House
- Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 bar (2 ounces) Nestle Toll House Unsweetened
- Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Half gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
Bake cookies according to package
directions; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Chop cooled cookies into small pieces. In a small bowl, combine walnuts, butter and brown sugar. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes; stir well. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
In a medium heavy-duty saucepan, combine evapor-ated milk, morsels, confectioners' sugar, baking bar and butter. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
To assemble, wrap outside of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with foil. Spread one-third of crumbled cookies on the bottom of pan. Top with half of the ice cream and half of the chocolate sauce. Combine remaining crumbled cookies and walnut mixture in a medium bowl. Spread half of the cookie-walnut mixture over chocolate sauce. Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce.
Top cookie-walnut mixture in pan with remaining ice cream, chocolate sauce and cookie-walnut mixture.
Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce in a small heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle chocolate sauce over top of dessert.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Remove side of springform pan.
Cut into slices.