I ‘Cherry’ish You Rice Krispies Treats
This twist on the tried-and-true Rice Krispies Treats® recipe is just in time to share with those you love on Valentine’s Day. It’s an easy recipe for the next generation of aspiring little chefs, too!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) bag mini-marshmallows
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 8 cups Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup toasted almonds, crumbled
- Decorating icings and sprinkles
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
Melt butter in a heavy pot over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cherries and cereal.
Using a buttered spatula, fold together until well combined. Pour out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread to about 1-inch thickness. Cool.
Cut, decorate and dust with toasted almonds.
More Dessert Recipes
from Alimentaire Wholesome Breads