- Category: Desserts
- Print Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; set aside.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, egg whites and water in a small heavy saucepan over low heat. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on low over low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees, about 7 minutes. Fold into cream mixture.
Arrange half ladyfingers in an ungreased 11-by-7-inch dish. Combine the boiling water, Kahlua, coffee granules and remaining sugar, brush half of mixture over ladyfingers. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Spread remaining whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.