Swiss Chocolate Cake A new holiday favorite
An easy recipe that looks anything but basic. Fluffy, creamy and chocolatey — bring this beauty to your next holiday gathering.
- 1 box Swiss chocolate cake mix*
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ cup oil
- Baking spray with flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 large Hershey bars, grated
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Spray three 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray with flour. Mix ingredients together well and pour into cake pans. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For frosting: Mix cream cheese and sugar together. Add Cool Whip to this mixture and then the Hershey bars and pecans. Spread over and between layers of cooled cake.