Warm Rocky Road Cake
- 1 package (regular size) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add 1¼ cups milk. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter.
In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk, until bubbles form around sides of pan; gradually pour over the dry pudding mix.
Cook, covered, on high 3–4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans over cake; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream.
More Dessert Recipes
from Alimentaire Wholesome Breads