Black-Eyed Pea Casserole
- 2 packages (6 oz. each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 4 cans (15 1/2 oz. each) black-eyed peas with jalapenos, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, cook the rice mixes according to package. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
In a large bowl, combine the peas, soup, rice and beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 2 1/2-quart baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.