- 4 cups pretzel sticks, finely crushed
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 container (8-ounce) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped topping, chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11-by-7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together pretzels, melted butter, and sugar until combined. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom of prepared dish. Bake until firm, approximately 13 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Cover, then refrigerate while preparing cranberry layer.
In a medium bowl, add ½ cup cranberry juice cocktail; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand approximately 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, whisk together remaining 1 ½ cups cranberry juice cocktail and cranberry sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over gelatin mixture, stirring to combine. Place bowl into a larger bowl of ice, let stand until mixture is cool and begins to thicken, approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour cranberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until cranberry layer is set, approximately 4 hours. Top with whipped topping and pecans, if desired.