- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
In a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until heated through. Top with sour cream, olives, onions and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer. Let stand 10–15 minutes before cutting.