Baked Chicken Nachos
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2¼ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4½ teaspoon lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 7½ cups tortilla chips
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2–3 teaspoons diced pickled jalapeno peppers, optional
In a large skillet, saute peppers in 1½ teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a small bowl. In the same skillet, saute the beans, garlic, oregano and cumin in the remaining oil for 3 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, combine the chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper. In a greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, pepper mixture, bean mixture, chicken, cheese, onions and cilantro. Repeat layers.
Bake nachos, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15–20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and pickled jalapenos if desired.