Carolina Cajun Shrimp Boil Packets
- 1 stick butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1½ pounds large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut in ½" rounds
- 2 large ears corn, cut in rounds
- 8 small new potatoes, cut in ½" rounds
- 1 bunch green onions, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 lemon sliced in thin rounds
- 1–2 teaspoons Cajun or Old Bay Seasoning per packet
- 1 cup tomato-based BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
Prepare coals or preheat grill to high heat.
Tear 4 sheets of heavy duty foil, about 12"–14" square. Put one pat of butter on each piece of foil. Scatter meats and veggies over butter. Lay 2 slices of lemon on top. Dust with seasoning. Drizzle each with ¼ cup of sauce. Top with remaining pats of butter. Fold into sealed packets.
Cook over direct heat for about 12–15 minutes. Carefully open packets and garnish with parsley!
Grill some bread for dipping in the delicious juices you’ll have in these packets.