Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta or rigatoni
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay (or may use an additional 3/4 cup chicken broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup packed)
- 2 cups diced grilled chicken breasts
- Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Spray deep covered baker with olive oil. Slice garlic into baker. Add tomatoes. Cover; microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring after 2 minutes. Crush tomatoes; add pasta, broth, wine, salt and black pepper.
Return baker to microwave; cover and microwave on HIGH 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop basil reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Grate cheese.
Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Add remaining basil, cheese and chicken to baker; mix well. Garnish with reserved 2 tablespoons basil, additional Parmesan cheese and black pepper, if desired.