Maple Apple Grilled Cheese
- Category: Main Courses
- Servings: 4
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices (1 ounce each) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium golden delicious apple, cored and cut into 16 thin slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
Mix maple syrup and apple pie spice. Set aside.
Butter one side of each bread slice. Layer two slices of cheese and four slices of apple on each bread slice with buttered side down. Sprinkle with chopped bacon, then drizzle with maple syrup mixture. Top with remaining bread slices with buttered side up.
Place sandwiches in large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Cook in batches, if necessary.