One-Dish Pork Chops with scalloped potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14½ ounces) chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (¼-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Layer potatoes and onion in a greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork shops on top.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley.