Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 1–1½ pounds chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 pinch salt, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Capers (optional)
- Parsley, plus additional for topping (optional)
- Preferred pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Dredge chicken in flour and pinch of salt. Turn on sauté function on pressure cooker. Add oil; sauté chicken 2–3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until softened. Add broth and let sizzle out.
Add chicken, bell pepper, tomatoes and remaining salt to pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes. Release pressure.
Shred chicken. Stir in butter, capers, parsley and a squeeze or two of lemon juice. Serve with preferred pasta and top with additional parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.